The scope of this privacy notice covers the data processed within SchoolX software. Learnify Labs Ltd is fully committed to keeping your information safe. This privacy notice explains what personal information we collect, why we collect it, and how we use it. We hope our policy is clear and transparent, but if you have any questions, please get in touch via the contact details at the bottom of the page.
- Who collects your personal information?
- How we collect it?
- What personal information do we collect?
- How we use your personal information?
- What our legal basis is for processing your personal information?
- Where your data is stored?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- Who we share your personal information with?
- How you can amend your preferences?
- Your rights
Who collects your personal information?
The SchoolX school management software is owned and operates under the trading name of Learnify Labs Limited, registered under the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.
Privacy Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
How we collect it?
SchoolX collects your data through our websites during sign-up to use our product or through our customer support portal when you make an inquiry or interact with our support team.
Our only official website is: www.schoolx.ng
What personal information do we collect?
The only personal information we collect from you are the ones you provide yourself (such as your name, address, email address or telephone number) which you give to us as part of becoming a customer, signing up to our newsletters or making a sales or support enquiry. When you subscribe to any of our marketing or communications, you indicate that you have a preference to receive these communications. We store your preferences and give you the option to amend these at any time within your Preference Centre settings and customer portal profile. As part of using our website and customer portal, we may also store non-identifiable information about how customers use our sites, for example the pages viewed, time spent on each page etc., in order to be able to take steps to improve your digital experience. These behaviours are captured within Google Analytics and are not used for individual identification. SchoolX in no way relates your personal information to your traffic usage.
How we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Customer visit - whereby we may contact you regards to items discussed or similar products and solutions you have expressed an interest in.
- Event attendance or registration (Including webinars) in order to contact you about the event itself and/or possibly future events and/or to obtain feedback. When registering for event we may ask you for special category data, such as dietary requirements, in order to meet your needs at the event(s).
- General enquiry or feedback where you may contacted us via telephone, email or other channels requesting information about products and services and we may use the data captured to help improve services or assist in finding a resolution to your enquiry.
- Marketing subscription where you would have signed up via a web form or other data capture point. This information will be processed in accordance to that stated at the point of capture. You can unsubscribe anytime or customise your preferences.
- Customer portal registration where we may use your data to send important updates, event information, direct marketing and other useful information that will help you get the most out of the products and services available to you.
- Product Purchase where we may have obtained your data following the signing of a contract. We may use this data to contact you about product updates, financial queries, renewals and other useful information that will help you get the most out of our products and services.
- Support Enquiry where you may have contacted us via telephone, email or other channels to log a support enquiry about an issue or for general assistance. We may use the data captured to help to resolve your enquiry and may contact you after for feedback to help improve the service offered.
- Training course attendance where we may have obtained your details following the attendance of a training course. We may use your data for the purpose of obtaining feedback to help improve the service offering.
What our legal basis is for processing your personal information?
We will only collect and use your personal information (as described in section 4) in accordance with data protection legislation. Our legal basis for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Contractual – We may process personal data associated to a contract or product purchase. It is important for us to hold this data in order to ensure that we have records from a legal perspective to who signed and agreed to the terms of agreements and who to contact following issues and/or to send renewal information.
- Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have given your consent for us to do so, for example, we will only send you certain marketing emails and process any sensitive information about you if we have your consent.
You have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests.
Where your data is stored?
We store the majority of SchoolX customers’ personal information in our cloud-based enterprise business systems. Our datacentres reside in Los Angeles, CA in the USA and all data is encrypted.
How long do we keep your personal information?
All personal data will be held in accordance with Learnify Lab policy, and historical records will not be held without legitimate reason. We have a variety of automated retention policies in place that ensure data is regularly cleared down within our system if it has not been used, updated or interacted with in a reasonable amount of time. Essentially, we will only hold your personal information on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice or until you request it is deleted.
Who we share your personal information with?
The only people who have access to your personal information are high level technical staff within Learnify Labs Ltd whom require access to this to carry out their job in order to provide services to you (this could be across various business units, but still operating solely under Learnify Labs Ltd.) Most of our staff interact with algorithms and do not have access to raw identifiable data.
How you can amend your preferences
If you don’t want to be on our marketing mailing lists, you can unsubscribe by opening the last email received from us and clicking on the unsubscribe.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request.
If you wish to request a copy of your personal information please address requests to email@example.com
Correcting and updating your personal information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by getting in touch with your account manager or service desk. If you have a customer portal login, you can make some of these changes yourself by editing your profile.
Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing
You may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems. Unless we are legally permitted or required to keep the data, we will comply with your request.
Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to complain to the Nigeria Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. They can be contacted via:
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to us. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page. If material changes are made to this Privacy Notice, for instance affecting how we would like to use your personal information, we will provide a more prominent notice (including email notification of the changes to the notice).
If you any questions or comments regarding the content of this Privacy Notice, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
Learnify Labs Ltd
14b Prince O.U. Utuk Street